Job Title Electronic Systems Engineer
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for an Electronic Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of Electronic Control Systems on models in all three Industrial Truck Association (ITA) classes in New Product Development. You will:
- Complete assignments that are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Work with limited supervision with latitude for some independent and unreviewed actions.
- Manage small projects or subsets of large projects
- Partner with electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and software counterparts on systems design and integration.
- Perform engineering analysis and/or design of various vehicle systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design analysis, simulation, and performance validation.
- Contribute to system architecture definitions for high reliability and flexibility.
- Actively participate in design reviews, FMEA, and product verification processes.
- Work with reliability engineering and supply partners to develop and qualify new components.
- Define truck schematics and assembly bills of material and component specifications, processes ECOs.
- Ensure that sub-system and component designs comply with Raymond and industrial requirements (UL, CE, etc.).
- Perform general system troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Partner with procurement and supplier quality departments to develop and qualify suppliers of electronic controls and components.
- Design robust solutions using modern microcontrollers, analog and digital sensor elements, and power regulation circuits.
- Perform initial circuit board bring-up and measure performance to verify functional requirements.
- Travel as needed to other Raymond divisions, customers, and supply partners (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering field
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization, planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to present technical material to a technically diverse audience.
About the total compensation package:
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program