Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Become familiar with the procedures and execution of electrical preventive maintenance for plant production equipment.
- Use various tools of the electrical trade, and diagnostic equipment to analyze and repair programmable logic controller, motion vision (camera), and automated robot systems. Troubleshoot across line motor starters, variable frequency drives, and relay logic.
- Provide support to primary plant production operations; plant equipment covering (but is not limited to): packaging lines, processing, drying, filling, warehouse, energy center, laboratory,
- Elevate potential equipment problems, and Improvements to production and maintenance supervisors.
- Work well with little supervision
- Follow all plant and department procedures, GMPs, JSAs and general plant safety rules
- You'll also be accountable for providing excellent customer service to the production teams and meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A Minimum of three years' experience as an industrial or commercial electrician, or the equivalent job experience or training is required
- State of Michigan Electrical License preferred
- Understanding of electricity and electrical theory
- A working knowledge of computers, computer operating systems, operation of electrical and pneumatic components, and electrical schematics.
- Strong mathematical skills are a plus
- Ability to follow diagnostic, repair, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to understand the National Electric Code and the requirements it establishes
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Abbott is a military/veteran-friendly employer.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.