Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 40,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Divisional Information Security Specialist
The Divisional Information Security Specialist provides information security, compliance, and regulatory support, along with security-focused project management support to the Gallagher Global Brokerage (GGB) Americas, in alignment with overall information security guidance and roadmap defined by the global organization.
Divisional Information Security Manager, GGB - US
- Reviews and responds to divisional DLP alerts.
- Maintains a complete and accurate Application Inventory of all software applications in use by the division. Defines and communicates required compliance activities for each application based on the information recorded in the Application Inventory.
- Ensures all required Internal Review tasks are generated and assigned based on information in the Application Inventory. Provides training, direction and feedback to Internal Review task owners to improve the quality and effectiveness of reviews.
- Prepares annual Service Organization Evaluation (SOE) reviews for in-scope vendors for divisional applications based on the vendors' SSAE 18 reports.
- Participates in incident response for divisional security incidents.
- Works closely with the internal audit team as needed to prepare the division for upcoming external assessments.
- Provides weekly updates across all assignments to the Divisional Information Security Manager raises issues, and recommends resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience within Cybersecurity domains, with a focus on project management, compliance, and execution on complex initiatives.
- Functional familiarity with information security products and services, inclusive of endpoint defense, data center hardening, network hardening, external assessments, and digital loss prevention.
- Capability and experience in interpreting and reviewing information security regulations and applying those regulations to large organizations. Experience with North/South American regulation outside of the United States a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills. Demonstrated capability to report on complex issues to senior management and drive resolution by working with team members across domains. Extensive experience working with internal audit, legal, and compliance personnel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.