KTAL NBC 6, KMSS FOX, KSHV 45 in Shreveport, Louisiana currently in search of a dynamic Director of Marketing / Creative Services. If you are an experienced Marketing/Creative Services Director who can generate and execute powerful and memorable marketing, messaging, and branding, you are our ideal candidate. If you understand the value of community engagement, how it is an essential component of the marketing plan, and can identify and aggressively activate opportunities, then you may be a great fit for our team. If you are an aggressive, sharp, strategic leader and a no-boundaries thinker who can create visually compelling images and write a form of storytelling that is both memorable and emotional, then we are looking for you.
The optimum candidate must have a proven and highly successful track record for developing engaging, cut-through-the clutter campaigns across all platforms. A true passion for their craft and an innate ability to develop compelling branding campaigns for our stations and digital products are the key traits for a successful candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee, manage, and lead our marketing and promotion department.
- Work closely as a collaborative team leader with the GM, news department and sales department and local production team on all forms of promotion, image campaigns, station events, profitable events, corporate initiatives, sales production and community affairs and client-sponsored programs.
- Oversee all public relations activities and develop working relationships with other local media including newspapers, social media coverage and radio stations.
- Oversee and manage Commercial Production team.
- Interface with Sales team to ensure all expectations are achieved.
- Provide an environment that focuses on successful communication of clients benefits to consumers for successful media campaigns.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in marketing, advertising, mass communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in media promotion.
- Leadership experience in guiding, directing, coaching, developing and motivating team members, including establishing performance standards and monitoring work effort and performance.
- Have excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and be extremely detail oriented and organized and a positive force within the station.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress, high energy environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on rare occasions.
If you like creating engaging marketing promotions and clear effective brands while working in an environment where success is the goal and getting there is the greatest source of fulfillment, then we want you.
With 199 television stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets, Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. But we are more than that. Were also a technology company. Along with a broad range of broadcast opportunities, Nexstar staffs a growing and diversified digital media operation encompassing content management and mobile platforms, content marketing, targeted advertising products and strategic digital design and advertising operations. From newsroom to sales to operations to digital technology, joining Nexstar Nation offers unlimited opportunities for your career endeavors.
We respect our audience, customers, team members and owners. We encourage every individuals contributions and personal growth. We honor diversity. We foster work environments that provide personal pride through job satisfaction and a balanced life. We embrace the communities in which we operate. We promote open communications, innovation, and creativity. We strive for excellence in all our endeavors. We are in the local content business, providing multiple platforms for news, entertainment, and successful marketing solutions, enriching each community we serve. Each of our television stations are local service businesses.
With markets ranging from small to major, Nexstar has a place for every experience level. Whether youre just starting your broadcasting career or ready to make the leap into a larger market, Nexstar offers a broad range of opportunities. And that same market diversity allows Nexstar to give employees room to grow and progress in their careers. As your experience, ability, talent, and ambition grows, so too will your options within Nexstar Nation.