Job Number Job Category
Sales & Marketing Location
MI Lab, 417 5th Ave 9th Floor, New York, New York, United States Schedule
Full-Time Located Remotely?
N Position Type
Management JOB SUMMARY
The Director, Marketing Platforms and Audience Distribution will lead strategy and day-to-day use of the campaign management tool (currently Adobe Campaign) and the DMP (currently Adobe Audience Manager). S/he will oversee the implementation of Marriotts audience-based marketing activities across paid, owned, and earned channels, as well as messaging and campaign orchestration for email, push and SMS notifications. S/he will partner extensively with the Global Media and Marketing Platform teams to develop, implement, test, and scale data-driven, audience-based marketing efforts. S/he will also partner extensively with messaging teams, Digital and key stakeholders to develop and maintain processes that bring messaging campaigns in owned channels to life.
Key areas of responsibility include:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Audience Management & Distribution Lead the global enterprise marketing function responsible for sourcing, building, and distributing audience data and associated behavioral signals across channels through internal and partner systems. Serve as the subject matter expert in Marriotts audience management practice and maintain alignment across global Media Agency, COE, Continent, Field and other marketing stakeholders.
- Messaging Campaign Management & Orchestration- Lead technology capabilities and roadmaps to deliver timely, personalized messages to customers and prospects based on the defined use case or business need.
- Marketing Data Management and Audience Platform Development Lead and execute on the capability roadmap that drives evaluation of new audience data sources, emerging data, identity and distribution tech, as well as inform enhancements to existing toolsets.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES AUDIENCE MANAGEMENT & DISTRIBUTION
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major required MBA a plus
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing, consulting, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Proven experience with audience-based, performance marketing strategies and optimization
- Strong knowledge of audience management tools and platforms (DMP, CDP, data onboarding, tagging, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of email service platforms (ESPs) and/or campaign orchestration
- Product management experience, preferably within marketing or ad tech a plus
- Demonstrated experience developing new strategies and leading through an organization
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy speed of modern business requirements
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with digital measurement, tracking methods, and analysis
- Demonstrated strong presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills
PLATFORM CAPABILITY EXPANSION
- Lead the enterprise audience management and distribution function for Global Brand and Marketing
- Lead the use of Audience Data Management platforms to enable cross-channel audience targeting using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data
- Serve as central source of audience, signal, and creative (where needed) distribution across channels
- Translate and operationalize new audience strategies into implementable data models
- Partner with Global and Loyalty Partnerships teams to identify, develop and manage 2nd party data partnerships and audience extensions
- Enable audience sizing across paid and owned channels and build plans towards audience-based forecasting
- Partner with continent teams on local source market activities to ensure operational cohesion and best practices
LEAD DISCIPLINE TEAM & DEVELOPING ASSOCIATES
- Evaluate existing and emerging platforms, toolsets and capabilities to Marriott has the best mix of them
- Partner closely with Agency, COE and Continent Marketing teams to evaluate emerging audience capability needs and campaign orchestration needs and translate into Marketing Platform roadmap
- Manage assigned vendor / partner platform relationships
DELIVER EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATION
- Manage a small team of Marketing leaders and change agents to drive new thinking through the organization and transformation into a performance minded, continually optimizing organization
- Maintain high performance levels by hiring the best candidate(s), providing direct report(s) with development opportunities, addressing performance issues, and aligning performance and rewards to departmental goals
- Support individual team and department-wide efforts to improve Global Brand & Marketing team culture and work environment as reflected in annual associate survey results and informal feedback forums
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Frequently develop and deliver updates to all levels of Executives through in-person presentations, conference calls, and written communications
- Present strategy and optimization updates and results at key internal/external updates including: Continent forums, Executive updates, Owner/Franchisee meetings, etc.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team -Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the companys service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Business Acumen..... click apply for full job details