Eaton s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Deburrer to join our 2 nd or 3 rd shift team. This position is based at our North Charleston, SC facility. Compensation: $16 - 17/hr + $2.50 shift differential Position overview:
This position requires the ability to deburr complex parts and visually inspect for defects while maintaining manufacturing productivity and standards. Parts may include multiple manufacturing process steps within the deburrer operations. Ensure quality compliance of all parts following customer specifications and internal drawings and procedures. May train more junior staff in deburrer procedures. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours. In this function you will:
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- Perform repetitive manual deburring and polishing operations, keeping parts in quality compliance and following manufacturing process steps.
- Rework parts that have damage from the manufacturing process.
- Follow control/process plan to determine which deburr tools to utilize.
- Read and follow process sketch or control plan.
- Deburr outside of required parts (tops of bores, O.D. edges, Kingsbury slots, break edge on oil holes and counter bores, etc.)
- Inspect parts and ensure the proper finish and/or flatness
- Perform set up and operate the coining press and drill press machines.
- Visually inspect parts determining defects (i.e. machining operations, rust vs. heat-treat scale, etc.) and advise supervision of issues.
- Performs precision deburr inside of parts (i.e. kidneys, undercuts, back of splines, c bores, break edges on oil holes, burrs in oil holes and flanges of shoes, bearings, piston and rods, etc.)
- May perform assembly operations including lee plug, broaching, bearings, and helicoils
- Maintain manufacturing productivity and safety standards.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)