Do you have a passion for data architecture and design? Are you an inquisitive person with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills?
If so, Quartz has a new opportunity with our Enterprise Data Management Team for a Data Solutions Architect. This role will be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of data solutions for the organization. This position will partner with the business to define and document business requirements as well as the translation of business requirements into efficient data implementations. The Data Solutions Architect will perform functional business process analysis, determine appropriate data acquisition and ingestion methods, determine placement of content in data storage and presentation layers, identify data relationships and data transformation requirements.Benefits:
- Newly created position that will directly support the organizations goal of Enterprise Data Warehouse Modernization
- Opportunity to support the information delivery life-cycle of key business initiatives that directly impact our members
- Full-time virtual, telecommuting, work from home option available
- Starting salary range based upon skills and experience: $116,800 - $146,000/year
- Architects, designs, enhances, and supports delivery of data integrations, enterprise data warehouse, data marts, and data submissions.
- Identifies, develops, and documents data acquisition and delivery requirements to meet business and customer needs.
- Facilitates group discussions and join data design sessions with the business area subject matter experts.
- Designs data models and data processing flows for data acquisition, reporting and analysis.
- Develops, implements, and maintains standards and procedures concerning the design and use of data for compilation and delivery.
- Coordinates data solution delivery and supports data analysis and data development staff as necessary in the development and maintenance of data implementations.
- Queries, analyzes, and interprets complex data stored in the source and target systems.
- Works with business stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and supports their data infrastructure needs.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience, and continuing education related to the position.
- 8+ years of experience in information architecture, information management and data analysis
- 8+ years of experience translating business requirements into technical data requirements.
- 8+ years of data modeling experience in a data warehouse and OLTP environments.
- 8+ years of SQL programming experience.
- Expert problem solving and analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of data architecture and data modeling tools.
- Expert knowledge of data warehousing and OLTP design principles and associated data management and delivery requirements.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, analytical software, and MS Office Suite.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate data management concepts to the business and within IT.
- Effective interaction with internal and external parties including vendors and contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to direct others to timely completion.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and be adaptable to change.
- Must be inquisitive and seek answer to questions without being asked.
This full-time position will have the option to work in-person at our Madison, WI office, in a hybrid capacity, or as a telecommuter. Hardware and equipment will be provided by the company, but candidates must have access to high-speed, non-satellite Internet to successfully work from home.
Quartz offers an excellent benefit and compensation package, opportunity for professional growth and a professional culture built upon the foundation of Respect, Responsibility, Relationships, and Resourcefulness. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
Quartz values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.