Data Network Engineer (REMOTE) Date:
Jul 20, 2022 Location:
Charlotte, NC, US, 28216Painted Post, NY, US, 14870 Company:
Corning Requisition Number:
Charlotte, NC; Corning, NY; or Remote is acceptable
Corning is one of the worlds leading innovators in materials science! For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed peoples lives.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their whole selves to work. Our Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently recognized as a national employer of choice. SCOPE/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, configure and support network data, voice and video circuits, devices and solutions to align with Corning's technology standards and meet the connectivity needs of our businesses.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Serve as network subject matter expert, providing technical expertise, design skills, and expert operational support on routing, switching, LAN, WAN and wireless network traffic and traffic management
- Develop, test, implement, document and support data network solutions including:
- Providing technical requirements as part of overall network solutions design and development effort
- Creating, reviewing and/or vetting technical functional specifications and low-level network solutions design documentation, ensuring those are complete, correct and kept current
- Assisting with implementation of new solutions, or upgrades to existing solutions, including communications, preparation of documentation and training
- Maintaining and administering networks and related computing environments including software, hardware, and tools
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Participating in root cause analysis on incidents, helping to drive identification of preventative actions meant to ensure problems don't recur, and delivering on the tasks within those actions
- Design, procure and implement Network circuits
- Recommend Transport solutions and carrier products
- 4-year degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience analyzing requirements for, designing, delivering voice/video/data network and network security functions/tools/processes in a large enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of experience in Transport / Telecom circuit design and implementation in a large enterprise or carrier environment
- 3+ years performing network engineering functions in a large, enterprise class data network environment
- Knowledge and Experience implementing Network Connectivity, including WAN, LAN, Wireless and Telecommunication connectivity supporting large Enterprise or Telecom Carrier networks
- Experience with Transport circuit design and provisioning implementation
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including routers, switches, gateways, controllers, firewalls, proxy and others.
- Deep current experience in network infrastructure and network hardware including several of the following - Cisco, Aruba, Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Radware, ZScaler, Infoblox, BlueCat, VeloCloud, IoT and alternate connectivity mechanisms such as 4G/5G/Satellite.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Practical knowledge of TACACS, AAA, IPSEC, 802.x, and public/private key encryption.
- Experience configuring and using monitoring/alerting/forensic tools such as Auvik, Observian, Nagios, SolarWinds, NetBrain, Microfocus NNMI and HPNA, Splunk, etc.
- Operational knowledge of security concepts using stateful packet filtering, access lists, firewalls, web app firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DDoS mitigation techniques and other security functions
- Excellent technical analysis, problem solving, and business relationship skills.
- Must have good grasp on contemporary and emerging technologies/strategies and the application to enterprise.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrated track record of on time delivery within budget; ability to drive projects to successful conclusion using influencing tools
- Successfully navigate within teams across multiple initiatives, spanning various lines of business, geographic borders, time zones, and cultures
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others
- Must be willing to be on call available for after-hours support and an on-call rotation as defined by the team for any of the position responsibilities listed above.
- Understanding of pertinent frameworks, including ITIL, NIST and COBIT
- CCNA or higher Network certification
- Experience with SD WAN devices, configurations and network automation
- Experience with International telecommunication carriers and implementations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Telecommunication carriers, products, footprints, etc
- Experience participating in RFQ's/RFPs
- Experience with Telecommunication Telecom Management lifecycle, including: Circuit Provisioning, Telecom inventory and Lifecycle, including experience with Telecom Expense Management (TEM) systems
- Experience with Service Now
- Experience with Cloud connectivity provisioning
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with Riverbed, Radware and VeloCloud
- Experience with Cisco Prime, NNMI, HPNA, SolarWinds, NetBrain
- Experience with TACACS/ISE
- Knowledge of network security
- Up to 20% travel required, generally in North America. May occasionally travel outside NA in the future
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Nearest Major Market: