At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
At Edward Jones we are developing a next-generation analytics architecture to support our growing business. As part of the Tech Data Engineering team, you will be challenged daily to find innovative solutions to improve the speed and delivery of our information. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse array of stakeholders ranging from IT to our front line business organizations, and you will be working on defining an architecture platform that establishes the foundational layer for Edward Jones analytics for years to come.
As a Data Engineer, you will focus on design of the Analytic Hub architecture and data pipelines based on business needs and technology efficiency.
- Act as technical lead of small teams of ETL developers/engineers on complex efforts/sprints projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting complex issues/efforts with other team members or cross divisional teams, leveraging seasoned judgment, technical and business acumen.
- Assume team leadership responsibilities when called upon.
- Quickly establish yourself as credible resource for understanding new technologies and architectures related to data management solutions and business processes.
- Work closely with QA, business/product analysts and customers to design and implement new feature requests
- Ensure standards and directional adherence across the various technical domains.
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints and support lifecycles. Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments are optimized.
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of technology initiatives to business strategies
- Design and build analytic hub and data pipelines using technologies like Snowflake, Matillion, Qlik, Data Bricks, Oracle, SQL Server, RDS PostgreSQL, ETL/ELT Tools.
- Advanced working SQL/PLSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases structures (DB2, Oracle, SQLServer, MongoDB, dimensional designed solutions and structures)
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Demonstrated root cause analysis that solves for issue mitigation.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets and recommending transformations to optimal architectures.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with an agile methodology mindset. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates should also have 3+ years of experience using the following software/tools:
- SQL, PLSQL, Linux scripting, etc.
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services and platforms.
- Experience with Snowflake and Matillion.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Data Engineer who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field experience.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent at an accredited University.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work , data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work , data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047