Apply for this job now
Data Center Network Engineer
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Job Type
- 4 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Technology Service and Consulting Company is seeking a Data Center Network Engineer in Orlando, FL.
The Tier 2 ACC Engineer is the core support tier for the client network with responsibility for resolving 80% of incidents in the production environment. While Data Center network focused this position is part of a multi discipline team that collaboratively provides support for a large and complex environment. This position receives escalated problems from Tier 1 and other sources spanning the data network, voice systems, wireless devices and numerous applications. This position will provide troubleshooting and restorative support through a combination of documented procedures, diagnostic tools and prior experience. Other functions include execution of changes, creation of troubleshooting procedures and mentoring of tier 1 staff. This individual must be customer focused and be able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Skills & Requirements
• 3 years experience in a NOC analyst/engineer role
• 5 years experience serving in an operations level 2 capacity, engineering experience strongly favored
• 5 years minimum/10 years preferred IT experience
• Previous network infrastructure field experience with one or more of the following products: Juniper Firewalls, Checkpoint
• Strong understanding of the Network OSI model and TCP/IP Protocol Suite
• Two or more of the following certifications strongly preferred CCNP-X, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE, F5 Solutions Expert
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP network routing, switching and Load Balancers
• Ability to quickly differentiate application from network problems
• Ability to perform TCP/IP Network traces/packet captures with solid experience interpreting results
• High level of confidence and competence communicating on bridges
• Solid background in vendor management to drive incident resolution
• Experience with monitoring tools and strategies
• Experience with Microsoft Server OS and common applications such as Exchange & Citrix
• Previous network infrastructure field experience with one or more of the following products: Cisco, F5, Microsoft Server, WAN Accelerators
• Previous experience working with the following Network Mgmt Systems: NetCool, nGenius, SevOne, Thousandeyes, NerveCenter
• JNCIP, JNCIE, MCSE certifications
• Experience with, configuration and maintenance of Windows Server 2008 - 2012 Operating Systems
• Experience with Windows Active Directory 2008 - 2012 including Group Policies, LDAP, DNS
• Experience with ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services) is preferred
• Experience and understanding of Highly Available Microsoft Exchange environments running Exchange 2007, 2013 and Office 365 Hybrid deployments
• Experience and understanding of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 - 2013
• Knowledge of Windows scripting (PowerShell, windows shell or command shell)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
- Job Reference: 677704081-2
- Date Posted: 4 August 2022
- Recruiter: Hays
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent