Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
Work with Account Managers, Producers, Clients, Carriers, Data Vendors, GBIT and other internal departments to provide technical support related to various IDS responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- With supervision, handles requests and addresses basic needs of clients as they relate to IDS.
- Troubleshoot common issues related to Risx-Facs and IDS applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, findings and recommendations to internal and external clients.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Solid knowledge in required system and computer applications.
- High School diploma.
- 1-2 years experience in the insurance or claims industry preferred.
- Highly analytical individual with working knowledge of Excel and Sharepoint.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Analytical thinker with the ability to multi-task.
- Able to establish priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships within GB.
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Understands and adheres to escalation protocols.
- Supports department and corporate initiatives.
- Adheres to Gallagher Shared Values.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older or must demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.