Additional Information About the Role
Increased Compensation Packages Now Available
As a CT technologist at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, you will have the opportunity to work with world-renowned radiologists who use the latest diagnostic and therapeutic tools to help make life-changing decisions for the patient and help develop our field. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish hospital opened a new CT department in the Center for Advanced Medicine with 6 novel CT scanners that use Dual Energy, Artificial Intelligence among many other technical tools to provide our patients with excellent care. Our Dual Energy CT scanners enable new levels of image quality, clinical outcomes, and precision medicine. We are continually developing and improving protocols that result in reduced contrast dose, lower radiation dose and improved image quality. Our BJH CT department functions with the use of 12 CT scanners, including portable CT scanners, throughout the entire hospital and specifically in Outpatient, Inpatient, ED and Neuro-ICUs.
This is a desirable position for a candidate interested in working in a stimulating and progressive environment with a focus on excellent patient care and personal growth.
- $5.000 Sign On Bonus
- Full Time, Evenings Competitive Shift Differentials
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe. Preferred Qualifications
The Advanced Modality Technologist performs diagnostic imaging procedures in at least one advanced imaging modality (defined as Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Interventional, Mammography, Bone Density, Cardiac Catheterization, Fluoroscopy) to adult and/or pediatric patients for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders.
- Completes registration and prepares patients for procedures. Informs patient on instructions and what the procedure entails with a high level of customer service and professionalism.
- Performs radiographic imaging examinations.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certifications - R.T.(R), CT,MR,M,BD,CI,VI,RCIS
- IEMA - Illinois only
Benefits and Legal Statement
- Certifications - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Intravenous Therapy
- Associate's Degree in Radiology
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we're committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
.Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer