FACILITY: Sagecrest Grapevine (LTACH)
LOCATION: Grapevine, Texas
TYPE: PRN Physicians Surgical Network Affiliates is currently seeking an experienced Cook to work additional coverage (PRN) at our Grapevine (Long Term Acute Care) location.
The PRN Cook is responsible for providing excellent customer service by preparing food for our patients and guests in accordance with current federal state and local standards and regulations. This position requires a self motivated, flexible individual that can manage their own schedule and work environment. The PRN cook will ensure patient meals are prepared in a timely manner. While not everyday will necessarily require dietary services, it is a possibility. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will prepare hot entrees, soups and vegetables or assemble cold appetizers, salads, cold entrees and desserts by following preparation sheets and provided recipes.
- Ability to use simple math concepts; good communication skills; ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- Will prepare catering for facility events.
- Maintain sanitary condition of dishes, utensils, glasses, pots, pans, equipment and kitchen.
- Safely and efficiently operates dish washing machine according to procedure manual.
- Ensures proper soap and rinse chemicals are loaded for washing.
- Removes from service any dishes, utensils, and glassware that are damaged or broken.
- Stocks delivered food and non-food items.
- Empty and clear garbage bins and breakdown of boxes.
- Deep cleaning of kitchen and equipment.
- Attends all training and in-service seminars.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Performs all duties in adherence to hospital standards.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Completes required orientation as directed by facility
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Listens well and devotes full attention to patients and medical professionals alike.
- Has the ability to remain calm, even under the most stressful of situations
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing
- Is able to switch priorities based upon need
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evening shifts, overtime and weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum one-year in hospitality/food service industry preferred.
- Current and valid food handlers card or safeserv certification.