Overview Coding QA Specialist II Envision Healthcare Remote
Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group focused on delivering high quality care to patients when and where they need it most. More than 30,000 clinicians and clinical support teammates call Envision home. We welcome teammates of every background and work in communities that reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and economic diversity of our country.
Through Envision Physician Services and AMSURG, our clinician-led organization is changing the face of healthcare by delivering high-quality care that puts the patient first.
Envisions core values drive continual advancement and ingenuity across the enterprise:
- Be Curious-embrace learning, seek out diversity of thought, listen openly, ask questions, and ask for feedback
- Instill Trust-have the hard conversation, presume good intent, honor commitments, and do the right thing for patients and each other
- Pursue Extraordinary-challenge the status quo, champion change, innovate and constantly aim higher
- Care Deeply-serve patients, partners, communities, and each other with empathy, compassion, and respect
- Embrace Teamwork-work cross-functionally, break down walls, develop others, be inclusive and unite to improve patient health
- Inspire Joy-seek fulfillment and the joy of medicine, appreciate others, celebrate wins, and promote wellness and belonging
We offer you an outstanding total compensation package, and a variety of health and welfare benefit options to help protect your health and promote your wellbeing. The benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision, life & disability, 401k, HSA, Flexible Spending and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a experienced full-time Coding QA Specialist II
with our Anesthesia service line.
The Coding QA (Quality Assurance) Specialist II will review the quality of coder output, utilizing internally developed norms and criteria for Anesthesia coding. The hours for this position are flexible, but you will need to work a 1st shift schedule. This position is Monday-Friday-No weekends are required!!Responsibilities:
- Daily auditing of coded medical records to ensure coding accuracy.
- Gathering of general documentation issues for the purpose of educational feedback.
- Documents QA results and variances identified on coder chart.
- Attend coding in-services with Manager of QA.
- Report possible payor issues, system issues or edit issue/s.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Must have critical thinking skills.
- Flexible, high achiever with ability to learn quickly and meet department goals and deadlines consecutively.
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organized, detail oriented with excellent follow through abilities.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Must have a good working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must have a good working knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associate degree in RHIT preferred.
- One to two years of recent Anesthesia coding experience required.
- CPC or equivalent certification required.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit . Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.