We are looking for a compassionate licensed practical nurse (LPN) or registered nurse (RN) who leads by example, knows how to motivate others and promotes teamwork. Our charge nurses make a difference in the lives of our residents and patients by developing relationships with them and ensuring they get the best care possible.
As a charge nurse at our skilled nursing facility, you'll use your talent and experience as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) or registered nurse (RN) to lead a team who cares deeply about their patients and each other. Apply today if you want a great job with competitive pay, generous benefits and advancement opportunities.
AHC-American Health Communities is a network of 29 skilled nursing and rehab facilities. We treat patients recovering from illness, injury or surgery and provide daily care for long-term residents. Our parent company, American Health Partners, is a multifaceted company with operations in seven states. Come grow with us!
Full Time - Nights
If you enjoy leading a team that's focused on making life better for others, we want you to join our AHC staff. As an LPN or RN charge nurse, your skills will be rewarded with competitive pay, generous benefits and opportunities to expand your capabilities and advance in your career.
In this leadership role, you'll provide personalized health care to residents and supervise other caregivers to ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Providing nursing care to residents, including prescribed treatments, such as changing dressings, drawing blood, changing catheters, inserting or removing NG tubes, doing laboratory work, etc.
- Directing the day-to-day functions of nursing aides and support staff
- Performing administrative duties like documenting assessments, managing inventory and requesting supplies and equipment
- Admitting, transferring and discharging resident
- Performing emergency procedures like CPR and, in the event of death, notifying family and appropriate parties
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- Currently licensed in the state of Tennessee as a licensed practical nurse (LPN) or registered nurse (RN)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing for licensed practical nurses (LPN) or registered nurses (RN)
- Current CPR certification
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, shift changes and weekends
- Job will require frequent lifting of objects up to 40 pounds
- Supervises support staff including training, scheduling and assigning work; reviewing performance and recommending salary increases, promotions or discharges; and assisting in problem-solving for staff issues
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Licenses & Certifications
- CPR Certification
- Licensed Practical Nurse