At Lendmark Financial Services, we believe the success of our company is specifically attributable to the quality of our employees and their commitment to our customers. We value each customer and understand that people want to do business with people who care. That's one way we differ from our competitors. We are proud of what we as a team have accomplished. We will always strive for improvement, our motto since day one has been "Success is the only option."
Lendmark Financial Services offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependents that includes medical, dental, vision benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), life insurance, long-term disability, tuition assistance and an employee assistance program. We also offer optional benefits such as critical care, auto, home and pet insurance as well as other ancillary insurance options.JOB SUMMARY:
The role of the Recovery Specialist II is to contact customers whose accounts have previously charged-off and attempt to make arrangements on the account, including negotiating potential settlement agreements. The Recovery specialists will make contact to customers by making outbound phone calls while also receiving in-bound phone calls. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact customers of charged-off loans for the purpose of recovering charge-off dollars and mitigating losses.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts.
- Approve account settlements within realm of authority and make immediate decisions.
- Initiate account settlements and negotiate settlement plans and payment arrangements with tact and diplomacy to ensure successful resolution of account base.
- Establish repayments schedules on accounts where applicable for debt repayment based on customers' financial situations, including negotiating lump sum settlement agreements.
- Utilize skip tracing tools when needed for the purpose of locating customers and update account information as needed.
- Ability to conduct all conversations in a clear and professional manner, always adhering to all federal, state and local guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- High School diploma or comparable education and experience required
- 3+ years experience in consumer finance and/or collection, or recovery experience in related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with exceptional active listening skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to generate successful contact with past due customers
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word Applications
- Some college preferred
- English/Spanish bilingual skills a plus
- Normal call center environment
If you are interested in a fast paced, high growth, team oriented and great culture environment, you'll enjoy a career with us!