Are you looking to channel your energy into a mission much bigger than the bottom line? As a Career Coach with Goodwill of Western New York, your work will directly impact your local community and the individuals we serve.
Employing over 200 Western New Yorkers, Goodwill of Western New York works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by helping them overcome barriers and reach their full potential through learning and the power of work. Through Retail Store operations, Workforce Development Programs and Contracted Services, Goodwill of Western New York pursues the vision of every person having the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential and participate in and contribute to all aspects of life.
Why work for Goodwill? Because our purpose is more than accepting donations and selling gently used clothing. Our mission is dedicated to helping people in our local community prepare for, find, and keep good jobs. Our retail stores contribute to our mission by helping fund our Workforce Development Programs. Come make a difference and work for an organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of others in our community!
Are you looking for autonomy, work-life balance and the opportunity to work for a company that makes a difference in our community? Do you have a passion for helping individuals overcome barriers and reach their full potential? Then this position may be perfect for you!
We are looking for a Career Coach to join our team! This position's key responsibilities include:
• Provides ongoing guidance to program participants, focusing on assessment of needs, work habits, interpersonal skills and other challenges impacting workplace success.
• Liaison between program participants and employers; helps participants resolve any barriers to successful employment and career progression.
• Conducts intake and assessment of client and their individual development needs.
• Works with participants to identify training and career related opportunities; assists in developing short and long term career goals and plan.
• Provides ongoing job readiness support, including resume writing, online application completion, contacting employers and conducting mock interviews.
• Assists program participants in locating additional community resources to address barriers to employment, such as high school diplomas, homelessness, child care, substance abuse treatment/counseling, family crisis/domestic violence intervention, healthcare or mental health services, and any other services required.
• Employer outreach and recruiting to existing and new employers.
• Actively matches participants to employment opportunities.
• Works with employers to ensure long term satisfaction and access to upskilling.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Human Services or Social Services field.
• Minimum of three (3) years of success working with underserved individuals, with the ability to cultivate existing relationships and establish new relationships.
• Must have a valid New York State Driver's License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Action-oriented, adaptable, community-centered and innovative.
• Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Familiarity with Case Management or Customer Relationship Management databases.
• A passion for serving others and making a difference in our community.
THE PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
• Must be able to reach, grasp, twist, and bend on a frequent basis.
• Ability to perform tasks that require repetitive motion. Manual dexterity is required.
Goodwill of WNY is an equal opportunity employer and employs individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, sexual orientation, victims of domestic violence, protected veteran's status, gender identity, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status or other protected class status pursuant to applicable law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. This includes compensation based upon external and internal job worth in order to provide fair and competitive wages to associates.