Business Intelligence Manager Hybrid/Flexible schedule NYC location Why is this team so unique?
In this very important role, you play an integral part in the OpEx & Analytics Group which is at the heart of the transformation of our shared services group, Global Business Services (GBS) and the broader central functions within Wolters Kluwer.
This group provides thought leadership to identify, assess, implement, and manage different aspects of a rich pipeline of operational improvements across Wolters Kluwer. The team helps manage the change agenda by prioritizing opportunities, analyzing options, engaging with vendors, and coordinating with the technology, finance and strategic sourcing groups to execute the different initiatives. The Analytics Team within BizOps & Strategy engages and supports aspects of these initiatives: from opportunity identification to quantitative analyses, insight generation and monitoring. OpEx & Analytics also tracks and reports on Operational Excellence initiatives across the BizOps & Strategy, Strategic Sourcing, Technology and Finance functions within GBS. Some of the things you will develop, work on and be responsible for:
Being a senior member of this very unique team, you will play a leadership role in shaping the teams strategy as well as leading cross-functional teams to deliver results and insights. As the BI Manager in the OpEx & Analytics group you are ensuring the continued success of the GBS division with the broader Wolters Kluwer company and you will be adept at using large datasets to find opportunities for tracking quantitative and qualitative details and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. You must have strong experience using a variety of data analysis methods with the correct tools, building, and implementing models for simulation. The experience we look forward to you having:
And a little bit about WHO WE ARE:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Work with technology, finance, sourcing, and procurement teams to identify relevant trends and opportunities
- Take ownership of high priority projects/programs and drive program delivery, stakeholder management, mentoring junior team members and influencing our future growth strategies
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users can effectively use our solutions
- Leading multiple programs from ideation to implementation to change management
- The Business Intelligence Manager will work across the following areas
- Operations - work with analysts to develop models for forecasting, regression analysis, monitor key metrics, root cause analysis for changes in metrics, building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis - building key data sets for operational and exploratory analysis, proposing what to build in the roadmap, understanding trends and behaviors and identifying new levers to improve metrics
- Infrastructure - work in SQL/Oracle for automating analyses and author pipelines via SQL and Python based ETL framework
- Strong communication and organization skills experience with presenting and explaining any technical analysis to a non-technical audience
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (focus in Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics preferred)
- Bonus: MS degree is a plus with a focus in Data Science
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.