Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, a Benchmark Hospitality property, have the same fundamental job description: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. We are all responsible to represent the foundation of the strong moral compass and principles that represent Aggieland. Our jobs are not just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference." This is the first and most important expectation in all job descriptions. We hire only team members of the highest character who will hold themselves to these expectations, and only candidates with this commitment should apply.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
BASIC FUNCTION: The Barback is responsible for setting up hospitality and function carts, filling requisitions for Bartenders and Beverage Servers and helping to set-up functions.
Scheduling: The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All candidates must be available and are expected to work Game Days, Ring Ceremonies, Graduation, and other high occupancy times due to special events. Punctuality and reliability are essential to respect and trust-building for our team members; these are the critical ingredients in creating memorable experiences for all our guests we serve. Additionally, we strive hard to manage and minimalize overtime, but it should and will be expected when business levels call for it.
Position Status and Scheduling Expectations:
- Part-Time 15-30 hours per week, depending on hotels projected forecast
- Varies Saturday-Friday
We are all Aggies, some academically and some voluntarily, and we are all part of the Aggie network. Our primary job is to Walk the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. in everything we do.
Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a positive perspective finding the good in all things and creating an environment others want to be part of. Each team member is hired to project genuine and sincere positivity daily.
Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical space, belongings, and different viewpoints, philosophies, physical abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose to show respect even when it is not given, not only to our guests but, more importantly, to each other.
Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound moral and ethical principles. Not because someone is watching but because it is the right thing to do. "An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do.
Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to walking our path and dedication to Being the Difference in everything we do. We flex our "proactive muscles" in being more positive, respecting, and holding ourselves to an even higher commitment to integrity.
Excellence - We strive to make today even a little better than yesterday by growing excellence daily.
As a team member of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, we require everyone first to Walk the Path of P.R.I.D.E. before every shift to check someone in, create a cocktail, clean a guest room, or execute a meeting/event. Only through our commitment to living the Howdy Hospitality lifestyle can we indeed Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
- Setting up hospitalities and refreshing them at the scheduled time.
- Receiving deliveries and stocking.
- Filling daily requisitions for the Main Bar, Service Bar and other departments.
- Cleaning and stocking the liquor storage room and Barback office.
- Keeping in stock appropriate linen supplies for functions.
- Setting function carts with supplies for functions.
- Being aware of change sheets affecting the Beverage Department and making necessary adjustments.
- Checking and assisting on functions and hospitalities in regard to restocking items needed.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
What are we looking for?
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Interact well with others.
- Service oriented.
- Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift and move 40 lbs. to a height of 5 feet (NOTE: The transporting, moving, lifting and/or stacking of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages).
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.