Back Up Group Lead- Tool and Die: 3rd shift Mon-Fri 10pm- 6:30am Pay $30.45/hr Hiring Immediately Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
MTD Products Inc and its subsidiaries are wholly owned by Stanley Black & Decker Inc. At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet®, Troy-Bilt®, Robomow®, Rover®, and WOLF-Garten®What You'll Do
As a Back Up Lead, you'll be part of our team located in Willard, Ohio. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Supervise and manage all scheduled and unscheduled die, fixture, and machine repair
- Coordinate schedules, follow up on assignments, and train new apprentices as needed
- Maintain all documentation required to establish trends, monitor cost effectiveness, track labor force, and schedule accordingly
- Encourage and maintain productive teamwork within the department
- Operate lift truck, cranes, welders and other equipment to perform Tool Room duties
- Identify, maintain, and continue to upgrade all training and educational needs of personnel in the Tool Room
- Assist with die repair and other special projects
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Experience and knowledge to effectively manage and direct all Tool Room related activities- 2 years experience in Tool Room Dept. preferred
- Have or will acquire a state approved Tool & Die Journeyman's card within 6 months of receiving the bid.
- Working knowledge of machining, stamping, fabrication, and assembly operations
- Have a proven strong tooling background in both new tool construction and tool maintenance
- Proven experience with project development and management through successful completion
- Must have a valid lift truck operator license or successfully complete lift truck training
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
You'll receive a competitive wage and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.