Denver and Front Range, COSalary Interval:
Full-Time SalariedApplication Instructions:
Click on the green "APPLY NOW" button at the top of this page, complete our short employment application and upload your resume (if you have one) to start your journey working with some of the best constructors in Colorado. We've made it quick and easy for you to apply.
Not sure that you should apply? Consider the following:
- Pinkard has all the work we need along the Front Range of Colorado. Work for us and go home to your family every night.
- Pinkard has a wide variety of projects spanning many different commercial sectors to provide you with plenty of opportunities to learn and build your resume
- Pinkard staffs its projects so that you can make the client happy AND have an actual life
- Pinkard has a strong development culture, with best-in-industry tenure among its employees. Our preference is to develop and promote from within, so we do not hire for the project, but for a lifetime of projects.
- Pinkard has competitive salaries, a robust benefits package, and a profit sharing plan for all full-time employees.
- If you have what it takes, we want you to become a member of our team
Check out our Career Page Position Description
Position: ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT
Reports To:Director of Field Operations
The Assistant Superintendent assists the Project Superintendent with field management. Responsible for the work of assigned subcontractors or construction disciplines. Is also actively involved in prospective project lead generation.ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT RESPONSIBLITIES:Safety and Risk Management - Assistant Superintendent
Defect Prevention and Quality Control - Assistant Superintendent
- The Assistant Superintendent proactively places a high priority on safety at all times and asserts that priority whenever and wherever needed
- Ensures all personnel comply with project procedures, safety programs, work rules, etc.
- Documents all violations and recommends/implements corrective actions
- Reads and is familiar with all construction and contract documents, and changes, including:
- Owner contract agreement and general conditions; subcontracts and material contracts
- Plans, project manual, all specifications, and geotechnical reports
- The Assistant Superintendent role has been designated a safety sensitive position. Employees working in this role will be subject to safety-sensitive injury prevention programs, including more rigorous and frequent substance testing.
Supervision - Assistant Superintendent
- The Assistant Superintendent attends and assists in preparatory and preconstruction meetings for assigned disciplines
- Assumes responsibility for conformance with the contract documents for all work within assigned work areas
- Ensures timely scheduling of testing and inspections required to maintain efficient work flows
Scheduling - Assistant Superintendent
- The Assistant Superintendent provides planning and supervision to crafts and subcontractors to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves field construction problems, discrepancies, and conflicts with design team, owner, and subcontractors
Stormwater Management - Assistant Superintendent
- The Assistant Superintendent supports the project team through preparation, monitoring, and updating of buyout, procurement, and construction schedules
- Assists Project Manager and Project Superintendent with formulating action plans to eliminate current and potential schedule problems
- Responsible for the production of short term schedules for assigned work are
Project Administration - Assistant Superintendent
- The Assistant Superintendent assists Project Superintendent with implementation and enforcement of Pinkard and project specific stormwater management plans
Cost Control - Assistant Superintendent
- The Assistant Superintendent assists Project Superintendent with administrative requirements including daily reports, quantity reporting, and tracking progress photographs and coordination meetings
- Generates RFI's and is responsible for the distribution of current contract information to the trades
- Maintains as-built documentation on-site
COMPENSATION:$80,000 to $102,000 + Profit SharingPosition RequirementsASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT REQUIREMENTS:
- The Assistant Superintendent assumes the responsibility for the productivity of craft activities, and efficient use of materials and equipment in assigned work areas
- Assists Project Superintendent in reviewing productivity performance and implementing corrective action
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 5-6 years' commercial construction experience with 2-3 years' experience as a Field (entry level) Superintendent on commercial construction projects
- Demonstrated advancement due to merit required
- Horizontal/Infrastructure experience preferred:
- Large wet utilities - sanitary sewer, storm sewer and waterlines
- Hardscapes including architectural concrete
- CDOT Specs experience a plus
- Experience with City and County of Denver infill projects and public works experience a plus
- Experience with healthcare projects a plus
- Experience with wood structures a plus
- ASTA / Powerproject experience a plus
- Procore Experience a plus
- OSHA 30 Hour certified or ability to become certified within 3-months
Pinkard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pinkard may pay above or below the pay range stated above, based on legal factors unrelated to sex or ethnicity.