Assistant Engineering Manager
£40,000 per annum
Full Time, Permanent
Are you looking for a new role? Preston Bus have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Assistant Engineering Manager.
We're looking to recruit a great senior engineer that we can support with their development and give lots of support to, this will also include being assign a mentor to support your development in the role.
This role will come with an attractive salary of up to £40k p/a and an excellent benefits package.
In this engineering role, you will support and deputise for the Engineering Manager to manage all aspects of engineering performance in the depot, including Health & Safety, fleet planning and environmental management, delivering excellent customer experience while managing a governance agenda that supports legislative and policy compliance.
In your first few weeks in this Assistant Engineering Manager role, you can expect to:
- Manage the depot engineering team
- Work with the Training function to ensure that engineering teams are competently trained and achieve agreed establishment requirements
- Support the induction and development of an engaged, talented and high-performing engineering team, nurturing an innovative and continuous improvement culture
- Plan and manage the maintenance and servicing of the fleet, ensuring vehicles comply with all manufacturer and statutory regulations.
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include the following:
- A solid background in engineering
- Knowledge of employment, safety and environmental legislation
- A professional qualification or equivalent company recognised qualification (desirable)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
In return for your knowledge and expertise, you will receive a salary of £40,000. a great benefits package and the chance to work in a supportive and collaborative culture.