Empowering people, creating technology.Responsibilities:DESIGNIn conjunction with FNST/FST Lead Centers and Technology & Innovation:
- Make recommendations on new technologies needed to grow FNST/FST sales potential
- Describe future needs and transfer them into FNST/FST product
- Assist in the development and design of new technologies together with the customer
- Work with associated FNST/FST and customer organizations (materials engineering; tribology and lubrication; CAE; program management; etc.)
- Participate in product improvement and cost-reduction initiatives like VA/VE together with customers
- Build technical relationships with E-Mobility engineers and managers at customer
- As supplier representative, provide customer with pertinent FNST/FST contacts at laboratory or plant for design, manufacturing feasibility, quality or materials concerns
- Ensure timely response and liaison to customer requests including, design & development requests, quality issues, test reports, and investigation reports
- Removes roadblocks in order to enable new E-Mobility product developments at customers.
- Prompt reporting and follow-up of corrective actions to quality problems with FNST/FST product
- Provide market information as provided via benchmarking
- Provide catalyst to ensure correctness and timeliness of customer responses by eliminating communication roadblocks within capabilities of FNST/FST and customer
- Act as voice of the customer for continued development of new E-Mobility products
- Project management experience a plus - from Innovation to mass production product
- Major objectives are defined on an annual basis through goals/milestone documents
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending product training sessions; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Can communicate to all levels of the FNST/FST organization.
- Helps to create alignment between the LC's and the sales team, leading to successful project execution
- Drivers' license and passport
- Ability to pack up a bag and travel within hours of notice
- Ability to drive long distance to visit customers
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Travel is required locally, regionally, nationally and potentially internationally, depending on the needs of the business.
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or equivalent)
- Ability to travel 40%-50% of the time
- 2 + years Application Engineer experience with manufactured products or modular systems
Communication & Collaboration:
- Aggressive self-starter with strong organization skills and attention to details requiring minimal supervision
- 3 + year's Application engineering experience.
- Knowledge of e-Mobility vehicle system function (battery, fuel cell, electric motor, inverter)
- Polymers (plastic) and/or elastomers (rubber) application experience
- CAD experience is an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on mechanical aptitude
Communicates clearly and concisely, while engaging proactively with colleagues at all levels of the organization.Value for Customers:
Anticipates, understands and meets internal/external customers' needs and expectations. Develops solutions based on a customer centric approach.Innovation:
Drives and supports innovative ideas, while taking informed risks to seek and develop new or improved solutions.Drive & Execution:
Proactively identifies what needs to be done and takes action. Explores new ways and pursues new opportunities.
The Freudenberg Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants and associates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Freudenberg-NOK General Partnership