Application Engineer III
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Oracle Trade Compliance Application Engineer. We are looking for a talented technical professional with Trade Compliance knowledge to join our team and play an integral role in the development and support of enterprise-level applications. You must be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You will be asked to work on a wide variety of tasks from 100% new development to bug fixes and maintenance. This includes working with the business and the technology areas to understand IT development and support requirements.What You Will Be Doing
What We Are Looking For
- Design, develop, test and implement complex processes applications like Oracle, and other custom applications in production and development environments.
- Design, Develop and Customize Interfaces, Reports, and Extensions as needed to support business requirements.
- Analyze, solution Design, build, and maintain technical specifications, interface specifications, and systems design based on business/functional requirements.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- This role partners directly with the functional and business teams to gather requirements, architect, and deliver critical projects that leverage the latest technologies to build and enhance applications.
- This role is involved in providing end-user support including resolving incidents logged by the business users
- Coordinate and deliver technical components for projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality, and accuracy of technical designs, and build and implementation plans
- Identify, document, develop and support the design, creation, and maintenance of and integrations between internal and external sources within the IT applications to support critical business functions
- Coordinating with different client applications teams for their requirements to provide a common interface.
- Follow and enforce development guidelines and best practices to improve products/services or processes
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in the specialized area based on existing solutions and procedures
- Participate in system-level tests responsible for comparing actual results with expected results.
- Analyze and research new and existing products, procedures, and processes within the IT space.
- Communicate project status and coordination of IT improvements
- Provide recommendations around how to leverage the IT systems to improve operational efficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: i.e., special projects, Enhancements, etc.
- Acts as a mentor for colleagues including team members and partners with less experience.
- Serves as an expert in multiple disciplines
- Works independently or in teams as required
- Work flexible schedule as necessary including coordinating with onsite-offsite development teams
- Advanced knowledge and strong programming/development skills using Oracle PL/SQL - Packages, Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers, Indexes, Data Types, Collections, Exception Handling, Views, Materialized Views, Dynamic SQL, etc.
- Extensive experience on OLTP systems and proficiency in performance tuning and Optimization of SQL statements and PL/SQL packages/stored procedures.
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL Queries and understanding existing logic implemented in PL/SQL.
- Experience with development tools such as Toad, and SQL Developer.
- Working experience using versioning tools like Bitbucket will be a plus
- Designing and executing test cases and plans for Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Familiarity with the development of web applications in Java will be a plus
- Familiarity with the WebLogic application server will be a plus
- Prior experience with Unix/Linux Shell scripting is desired
- Knowledge of developing/maintaining Webmethods 9. x flow services (Software AG), will be a plus
- Must possess strong skills in developing Interfaces, Reports and Extensions and customization utilizing Oracle best practice methodology
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with defining and creating a highly functional design and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Experience in robust development ensuring low defect products and the ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels
- A high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, applications, and IT architecture disciplines.
- Ability to analyze & resolve production support issues.
- Experience with API methods and implementation of web services in a distributed architecture system
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database
- Self-Driven and able to react to change and shifting priorities.
- Ability to plan and organize work in a fast-paced environment coordinating with internal customers to help support and enhance business systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users and across project teams.
- Ability to coordinate with a team of developers onshore and offshore and ensure on-time delivery.
- Must have experience supporting/implementing large development projects.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision, manage/ self-direct multiple projects and meet predefined deadlines, make time for unplanned assignments, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal skills, strong adaptability skills, strong analytical skills, and superior verbal and writing communication skills.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems (Computer Science) or related field or equivalent related experience.
- 8 to 10 years of total experience, at least 5 years as an Oracle Applications Developer in using SQL, PL/SQL, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Cursors, Triggers, Indexes, Data Types, Collections, Exception Handling, Views, Materialized Views, Dynamic SQL, OLTP systems, Complex SQL Queries, etc.
What's In It For You?
- Advance degree or post-graduation degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in the Trade Compliance, manufacturing, or distribution industries
- Previous experience working for a large public enterprise corporation.
- Experience in web applications development in Java
- Experience in Weblogic application server
- Experience in Webmethods 9. x flow services
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- Bike Racks
- And more!
$91,600.00 - $129,800.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-CO-Colorado (Remote Employees)
Remote work employees may be required to be present at the closest designated Arrow office for work-related purposes, at the Company's request and sole discretion.
Information TechnologyEEO Statement:
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires all new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law.