MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America. Your Role at MediaLab
We're seeking an experienced leader to oversee our Accounts Payable department.
This role is anchored in Los Angeles and will require some time in our Santa Monica office. What You'll Do
What We're Searching For
- Lead the Accounts Payable department and staff in the organization.
- Manage functions critical to the department including maintaining the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and project accounting.
- Ensure systems, policies, and procedures adhere to broader communicated company policies.
- Oversee all tax-related processes including 1099 tax information.
- Monitor the company's financial expenditures, maintain a database and provide reports as/when requested.
- Oversee all payment transactions such as ACH, wires, paper checks and so on.
- Will be in charge of data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices like general overhead, subcontractor, and employee travel reimbursements.
- Track the status of all internal transactions as well as external vendors and contractors.
- Optimize for efficiency including standardizing procedures and template creation to be used by the company.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and robust problem solving capabilities.
- Prior experience with accounting software like General Ledger ().
- Substantial ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical and time management skills with keen attention to detail.