Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Portland, Oregon. Job Description & Requirements
Academic Psychiatrist Transplant and Heart Failure in Oregon
Oregon Health Science University (OHSU) Knight Cardiovascular Institute in Portland, Oregon, is seeking a psychiatrist for its Cardiology Department. The successful candidate will provide compassionate, trauma-informed care to heart transplant patients experiencing depression, anxiety, and other pre-existing psychiatric disorders as they prepare and recover from their heart transplant. Candidates must be MDs or DOs, be board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry, and have an active DEA license.Opportunity Highlights
- Excellent quality of life - 4 clinical days and 1 administrative day per week
- No call or weekend requirements
- Inpatient and outpatient psychiatry role
- Future research opportunities
- OHSU is a world-renowned university
- OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute is Oregon's only comprehensive heart program
- Pioneer a path to mental health for patients experiencing organ failure and organ transplant
Environmentally conscious and ranked in US News & World Report's
"Best Places to Live in the US," Portland, Oregon, blends the sophistication of a large city with the casual friendliness of a small town. Choose from dozens of walkable neighborhoods - all with distinct personalities and charm - and enjoy the numerous national parks and outdoor adventures available in this majestic and magical corner of the country.
Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- Live downtown or in inviting, family-friendly neighborhoods
- A green city in more ways than one-279+ city parks and on WalletHub's "Greenest Cities in America"
- Some of the top public and private schools in the state as well as local colleges and universities
- No state sales tax and an international airport that offers numerous direct flights
- Stunning surroundings and endless opportunities for adventure-ranked one of the top cities in the nation for outdoor activities
- Every amenity you could want or need, including an international airport, world-class shops and restaurants, a renowned arts and culture scene, and professional sports
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Psychiatrist, Psychiatry, Mental Illness, Physician, Healthcare, Mental Health, Medication, Medical, Doctor, Md